[gmx-users] Pulling inside a channel to calculate the PMF

François-Régis Chalaoux chalaouxfr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:03:54 CEST 2017

Hi Alex,

There is no confusion about the pulling that is only a preparation for
WHAM, but as you tell it you need to choose positions. These positions
could be choosen manually: if one choose to explore the static channel from
apo, then I'm agree, select the positions in the channel "in a bunch of
reasonably spaced spots along the curved "axis" of your channel, each
followed by equilibration and the production run, yielding the data useful
for WHAM". As you say, you need time and patience. Could PLUMED (or
somethoing else) /Gromacs be used to automate this ?

On the other side, this channel come from a static APO structure and the
reality of this channel is tiedous, so why not discover dynamically the
channel and run the next equilibration and the production run on the fly, could
PLUMED (or somethoing else)/Gromacs  be used to automate this ? How to
discover the channel on the fly ? May be it is feasible to use simply the
coordinates of the channel discovered by MDPocket with a long classical MD
realized  previously on the apo/holo structure ?

FR.