[gmx-users] Pulling inside a channel to calculate the PMF

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 18:26:07 CEST 2017

I've never used PLUMED, to be honest, so I don't know.

If ligands are salt ions or any other overall charged entities, I would
solvate the channel (with restraint, maybe) for essentially a production
run and apply an electric field "parallel" to the channel lumen, then
just visualize the trajectory and pick the configurations by hand. gmx
trjconv can -dump any particular frame of your liking. Maybe not as
automated as one could hope, but then you will know in-depth what
configs you have.

Alex