[gmx-users] 5-letter atom names in topology files

Qing Lv lvqingjiejie at 163.com
Fri Jun 23 10:24:23 CEST 2017

Dear Mark,

Actually I had tried the method you suggested, but got such errors (pdb2gmx):
Fatal error:
Atom O1 in residue ILE 294 was not found in rtp entry ILE with 9 atoms while sorting atoms.
ILE294 is C-terminus of my protein. I looked up in aminoacids.rtp and there are no atom "O1" or "O2" in ILE entry; however, I never got such errors when using pdb2gmx to process PDB files. Maybe, pdb2gmx can only process terminal residues for PDB files?

Also, I have tried to process protein and ATP separately with pdb2gmx and then combined them together, but met problems. That's why I sent another 2 emails...

Qing