[gmx-users] 5-letter atom names in topology files

Qing Lv lvqingjiejie at 163.com
Fri Jun 23 10:47:19 CEST 2017

My protein contains 2 chains, and ILE294 is the C-terminus of chain 1. When I used pdb2gmx to process the GRO file, it can recognize N-terminus of chain 1 and C-terminus of chain 2, but cannot recognize C-terminus of chain 1. Since there is no chain separators in GRO files (like "TER" in PDB), pdb2gmx might regard all aminoacids as one single chain.
Sorry for not having explained clearly in previous emails. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Qing