[gmx-users] Doubt about Free Energy control Minimization

Varvdekar Bhagyesh Rajendra bhagyesh.varvdekar at research.iiit.ac.in
Mon Jun 26 17:09:10 CEST 2017

Dear Justin,

I have encountered the following warning when I used the following code to minimize my protein-ligand system when the interaction potential energy between the protein and the ligand are multiplied by 0.9, 0.8, 0.7,..., 0.2, 0.1.

http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/free_energy/Files/em_steep.mdp

Warning: 1-4 interaction between 2263 and 2298 at distance 1.004 which is larger than the 1-4 table size 1.000 nm
These are ignored for the rest of the simulation
This usually means your system is exploding,
if not, you should increase table-extension in your mdp file
or with user tables increase the table size

I suppose this error is due to setting couple-intramol = no. When it is set to yes, the warning vanishes.

But, this is my desired setting since, I do not intend to scale the intra molecular interactions even though the ligand is a peptide. Is it reasonable to ignore the warning. If not , how can it affect my resulting structure ? And are all such interaction "ignored for the rest of the simulation" ?

Apologies for the previous incomplete mail.

Best Regards,

Bhagyesh