[gmx-users] mixed 1-4 scaling factor

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri May 5 14:40:15 CEST 2017

Hi,

As you can see in the documentation of the topology file format in chapter
5 of the reference manual, whether intra-molecular "pair" interactions for,
say, 1-4 interactions have parameters generated from the normal non-bonded
interactions (perhaps via scaling), or not is a property of the force
field. So if these parameter sets are intended to be mixed (GLYCAM website
is broken, so I can't tell), then you'll need to make an appropriate choice
in the .top for one parameter set, and specify explicit [pairs] with
parameters, (or [pairtypes]) for the other kinds of parameters.

Test first on a simple system, e.g. that the energy of a peptide by itself,
and a carbohydrate by itself add up to that of the two together (spaced far
enough apart).

Please report back what you find, so future users like you might be able to
find it!

Mark