[gmx-users] mixed 1-4 scaling factor

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Fri May 5 17:03:16 CEST 2017

In reply to Mark's comment, it used to be that one could specify separate LJ 1-4 interactions as he suggests, but there is no route to do this for Coulmb 1-4 scaling. Perhaps that haas changed in more recent versions of gromacs. If not, you might consider a variant of the approach that we used ages ago for combining lipid and protein force fields (Berger and OPLS) that have different scaling rules: http://pomes.biochemistry.utoronto.ca/files/lipidCombinationRules.pdf