[gmx-users] Unreasonably high pressure values

Kamps, M. m.kamps at student.rug.nl
Tue May 16 11:34:24 CEST 2017

Dear Mark,

I'm sorry for being unclear. I have rectangular box (20x5x7 nm, XYZ)
where a flow should be replicated. at Z=0 and Z=7 there are two
surfaces composed of gold atoms. In between there is a fluid. The
system is open or periodic in the X and Y directions, but limited in
the Z direction by the surfaces (PBC is set to XYZ, while periodic
molecules is set to yes). Both surfaces 'connect' through the PBC. The
goal is to replicate a fluid flow between the two surfaces, which will
by done by applying a constant acceleration to the fluid in the X
direction. The flow will be therefore along the X axis. It is somewhat
similar to articles as these:
http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/3/e1501585/tab-pdf

I don't fully understand what you mean in your last sentences. Why
shouldn't my system produce sane values of pressure?

Message: 1