[gmx-users] Problem with accelerations

Kamps, M. m.kamps at student.rug.nl
Tue May 23 15:35:12 CEST 2017

Mark,

I'm not really sure what you mean by technique. I assume NEMD stands
for Non-equilibrium MD? That is the case..

About my simulation: I am trying to simulate a fluid flow between
surfaces. Two atomistic surfaces of gold atoms have been created at
Z=0 and Z=z, where z is the top of the box. These surfaces are fixed.
In between is a fluid that should be accelerated in order to create a
flow. This is done by applying a constant acceleration in the X
direction via the commands; 'acc-grps = FLUID' and 'accelerate = 0.05
0 0'. Is this equal to the bug you referenced to?

Suppose the command is broken, does this mean that the simulation is
worthless since there are computational errors, or is the applied
velocity buggy but the results still useful? Suppose I can find the
right accelerations, can I still use the results?