[gmx-users] non-neutral system

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 13:06:28 CET 2017

Hi Johannes,

I just meant that from a purely theoretical point of view, it needs to be
neutral. This has to do with the convergence of the outer infinite series,
as the paper Micholas linked clearly states. I sincerely hope I'm not
botching this up, but this is the conclusion I've withdrawn from reading
the literature. Now, if the software implementation contains some tricks to
account for this, that I'm not familiar with and will therefore leave that
discussion for someone else more acquainted with it.

Cheers,