[gmx-users] walls and E-z

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 18:18:12 CET 2017

Hi Dan,

Yup, periodic, continuous, and electrically neutral. I suggested a
similar thought in my question, i.e. with walls any transport would
definitely be transient and self-limited. However, nothing is
transported even in the perturbative sense, as you can see from the
flux. The behavior is that of a system without any driving field.

The electric field is already quite high (0.1 V/nm) and of course I
could go completely nuts and exceed the experimental dielectric
breakdown threshold values for water, but the question remains, no?

Thanks,

Alex