[gmx-users] Ewald summation in 2 dimensions with correction

Dan Gil dan.gil9973 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 16:22:43 CET 2017

Hi,

I am using gmx potential to measure the electric field. I've reported the
values from field.xvg in my previous email. The field at the edges of the
ionic liquid near the walls will oscillate because of the electric double
layer but it is the bulk field I am concerned with.

I read the supporting information - I thought that the Ewald summation
correction for 2 dimensions was supposed to cancel out interactions between
periodic images in the z direction?

Were you using the regular 3-D Ewald summation in this work? I might try
carrying out the calculations that way.

Dan