[gmx-users] my modified residue falls apart after MD

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Nov 26 18:06:45 CET 2017

On 11/26/17 11:13 AM, MD wrote:
> ​Thank you Justin.
>
> At the mean time I had another error after grompp, "ERROR 1 [file
> topol_Protein_chain_E.itp, line 52165]:
>    Unknown cmap torsion between atoms 3022 3024 3026 3046 3049"
>
> the 3022 3024 3026 3046 3049 in the itp files referred to the backbone
> (C-N-CA-C-N) of three connected residues R-W-T..

Double-check the atom types and make sure you haven't messed something
up. Also note that your CSO residue needs a [cmap] directive like every
other amino acid. If you've omitted it, add it.

> I looked at the backbone of the pdb and it looks alright. this error didn't

This isn't a problem with geometry, so the PDB tells you nothing.

> show up until today when i work from home using gromacs on another server.
> DO you think if this is caused by different versions?

No idea, but do the scientific thing and maintain consistency so you can
eliminate variables.

-Justin