[gmx-users] continue simulation from intermediate frame instead of last frame

Myunggi Yi myunggi at pukyong.ac.kr
Wed Oct 4 16:25:37 CEST 2017

1. In principle, MD can be restarted if there are coordinates and
velocities on the snapshot.

2. Even if you don't have velocity, you can assign random velocity with the
specific temperature.
In this case, you lose continuity of simulation. Don't worry.
If you run same simulation with the exactly same inputs (including the same
random seed), you won't get exactly same trajectory in most cases
(depending on simulation types and hardware, etc).

MY