[gmx-users] Duplicate lipid bilayer, simulate protein and remove extra lipid bilayer

Du, Yu duyu at sioc.ac.cn
Thu Oct 12 10:45:04 CEST 2017

Dear GMX Users,

My question is 512-lipid bilayer is too big. How can I resize it and the cooresponding box size?

I duplicated the 128-lipid bilayer using
$gmx_mpi genconf -f lipid128.gro -o lipid_new.gro -nbox 2 2 1

But the new 512-lipid bilayer is so large, I want to remove the some lipids according to the x and y coordinate.

I know the parameter -nbox uses integers. But is there any easy way to fulfill the function like `gmx_mpi genconf -f lipid128.gro -o lipid_new.gro -nbox 1.5 1.5 1`?

--
Du, Yu
PhD Student,