[gmx-users] CHARMM ff cutoffs

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Thu Oct 19 16:54:23 CEST 2017

Fair enough.

Consider this then: of the systems tested in the CHARMM36m publication; which one is closest to yours (sequence similarity, structure)? That would be one way to decide which cut-off would be appropriate.

Alternatively, you could just run the simulation multiple times with multiple cut-offs and see which one corresponds closest with experimental knowledge (though this would be challenge for IDPs, unless there is a known set of metastable structures that get sampled).

-Micholas

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics