[gmx-users] CHARMM ff cutoffs

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 17:22:51 CEST 2017

Dear Justin and Micholas,

First of all, I'd like thank both of you for the input. Greatly appreciated.

@Justin - I do agree with you and I understand why they might have done so
(performance-wise). Furthermore, until Davide's paper, and in light of
Stefano and Kresten's paper on the whole cutoff issue, it was more or less
assumed that something like 0.95 nm would be fine. The problem is that this
paper is special, since it is the official publication of the modification
to the C36 FF. Coherence should have been preserved, at least in my
personal opinion. In any case, I will do like you said and hand out your
name and url to the referee :) Just kidding, this isn't something I've been
asked (yet), but from experience, I have a feeling it will be a topic of
discussion. Plus, even if it isn't asked of me, I still want to have it
well justified in the paper.

@Micholas - Your argument would apply in most circumstances, but the
situation here is a bit more hairy for several reasons... which I am not at
liberty to discuss in public. I hope you understand.

Once again thank you for your input,
Best regards,