[gmx-users] How good to use triclinic box for gormacs simulations?

Kunal Dutta kunal_lifesc at mail.vidyasagar.ac.in
Tue Oct 31 07:39:15 CET 2017

Hi,
Please check the link.
http://manual.gromacs.org/programs/gmx-editconf.html
Best, Kunal

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 3:22 AM, vijayakumar gosu <vijayakumargosu at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I have performed simulations for Protein RNA complex around 1500 residues.
> I have used triclinic box with 1.4 nm distance from the edge of the box to
> protein as triclinic box takes less number of water molecules (~100000)
> compared to other boxes . The simulation results looks fine and i am able
> to answer the biological question. however i have not seen many
> publications using triclinic box. Hence i am bit skeptical and like to
> know  there is any criteria to choose the simulation box.
>

> Thanks

> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

Regards.
Kunal Dutta
Senior Research Scholar
Microbiology and Immunology Laboratory
Department of Human Physiology with Community Health
Vidyasagar University, Medinipur-721102
West Bengal, India.
Cell: 9126181933
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-0818-8787
RG: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kunal_Dutta2
GS: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=ULby284AAAAJ&hl=en

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*
This communication (including any attachment/s) is intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) and contains information that is PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL. Unauthorized reading, dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is prohibited.

*DISCLAIMER*
author and do not necessarily represent those the University.

WARNING:-
This communication, including any attachments, may not be free of viruses,
interceptions or interference, and may not be compatible with your systems.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment to
this e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and Vidyasagar University shall not
be liable for any damage that you may sustain as a result of viruses,
incompleteness of this message, a delay in receipt of this message or
computer problems experienced.