[gmx-users] How good to use triclinic box for gormacs simulations?

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 09:22:21 CET 2017

Hi,

How does the link to "editconf" help in answering the original question?

Anyway, no, there is no specific recipe to select a box type. You generally
have to make an educated guess by using your scientific intuition and
knowledge about the shape (and conformational plasticity) of your system.
Then as the simulation runs, you keep checking the system's integrity to
see if it holds (is it interacting with its image?, etc). No box is
inherently inferior to another, it all depends on your system and how much
computational effort a particular box shape will save you (without
compromising the simulation).

Cheers,