[gmx-users] Regarding NPT simulation and box length variation

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 08:51:33 CEST 2017

Hi,

These "gaps" are probably just what you expect with
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions
for
the configuration you are viewing. For example, if the solute protrudes out
one side of the box, then there will be a matching gap on the other side of
the box, because that's what PBC means. If you want to view a space-filled
box, then you need to e.g. use trjconv to make it so.

NPT isn't going to tolerate a region of vacuum ;-)

Mark