[gmx-users] performance

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 19:14:22 CEST 2017

My guess is that the two jobs are using the same cores -- either all
cores/threads or only half of them, but the same set.

You should use -pinoffset; see:

- Docs and example:
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2016/user-guide/mdrun-performance.html

- More explanation on the thread pinning behavior on the old website:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Acceleration_and_parallelization#Pinning_threads_to_physical_cores

Cheers,
--
Szilárd