[gmx-users] performance

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 19:48:02 CEST 2017

Hi Szilárd,

Thanks for your reply. This is useful but now am thinking because the slurm
launches job in an automated way it is not really in my control to choose
the node. So following things can happen; say for two mdrun jobs I set
-pinoffset 0 and -pinoffset 4;

- if they are running on the same node this is good
- if jobs run on different nodes (partially occupied or free) whether these
chosen pinoffsets will make sense or not as I don't know what pinoffset I
would need to set
- if I have to submit many jobs together and slurm chooses different/same
node itself then I think it is difficult to define pinoffset.

-