[gmx-users] manually adding non-bonded interactions based on atom number to topology file

Du, Yu duyu at sioc.ac.cn
Fri Sep 29 02:26:16 CEST 2017

Hi,

Before the simulation of monomers polymerizing, you can try some tentative experiments, such dimerization and trimerization. If the simulation of trimerization succeeds, you really don't need the further experiment because the trimerization simulation is strong to support the further polymerization process because trimerization include the comformation change after dimerization and other important information.

Carefully design the size of the box to avoid the lenth of the polymer exceeding some dimension of the box whose size is fixed according to the preset seperated monomers, espesially in the case of trimer or larger numbers of monomers.

For PLUMED, 1) In the case of dimer, trimer or larger, you can use BIASVALUE to apply user-defined bias function between the A and B of different monomers. The bias function can choose to be that if the monomers are distant from each other the bias force is large, if near then the force is small to exclude the artifial bias effect.
2) In the case of dimer, you can also try the funnel metadynamics, which you can search for more information.

if you are simulating biological system, yours resembles the actin filament, you can search related simulation paper to check if there are published cases to study.

Cheers,
Yu

Du, Yu
PhD Student,