[gmx-users] Installation

Kevin Boyd kevin.boyd at uconn.edu
Sun Apr 1 15:02:00 CEST 2018

Hi Alex,

I think by default cmake selects the first C-compiler it runs across
while searching, and the cmake default search path may not coincide
with the order of your environmental PATH variable, so  when you  have
multiple versions it might not select the one you want. You can
manually set the C and C++ compilers using
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/path/to/ccompiler and
-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/path/to/c++/compiler in the cmake command and
specifying the path to the executable.

See the installation instructions for more details.
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2018/install-guide/index.html

In the past I've also run into issues with cmake selecting the wrong
compiler libraries as well as the executables (which unfortunately
only manifested during compile-time, so were harder to figure out), so
let me know if you have further issues.

Kevin