[gmx-users] Regarding calculation of Spatial Distribution Function

Dilip H N cy16f01.dilip at nitk.edu.in
Wed Apr 4 06:08:18 CEST 2018

I want to calculate water SDF around C-alpha of glycine molecule. So here i
have followed the commands..
Step 2:- gmx trjconv -s nptmd.tpr -f nptmd.xtc -o abc.tng -boxcenter tric
-ur compact -pbc none
and it asks me
Select group for output
Group     0 ( System) has  1543 elements
Group     1 ( Protein) has    10 elements
Group     2 ( Protein-H) has     5 elements
Group     3 ( C-alpha) has     1 elements
Group     4 ( Backbone) has     3 elements
Group     5 ( MainChain) has     3 elements
Group     6 ( MainChain+Cb) has     3 elements
Group     7 ( MainChain+H) has     6 elements
Group     8 ( SideChain) has     4 elements
Group     9 ( SideChain-H) has     2 elements
Group    10 (Prot-Masses) has    10 elements
Group    11 (non-Protein) has  1533 elements
Group    12 ( Water) has  1533 elements
Group    13 ( SOL) has  1533 elements
Group    14 ( non-Water) has    10 elements
and i have selected Group 0 (System),
Step3:- gmx trjconv -s nptmd.tpr -f abc.tng -o def.tng -fit rot+trans
Select group for least squares fit Group 0 ( System) has 1543 elements
Group 1 ( Protein) has 10 elements Group 2 ( Protein-H) has 5 elements
Group 3 ( C-alpha) has 1 elements Group 4 ( Backbone) has 3 elements Group
5 ( MainChain) has 3 elements Group 6 ( MainChain+Cb) has 3 elements Group
7 ( MainChain+H) has 6 elements Group 8 ( SideChain) has 4 elements Group 9
( SideChain-H) has 2 elements Group 10 ( Prot-Masses) has 10 elements Group
11 ( non-Protein) has 1533 elements Group 12 ( Water) has 1533 elements
Group 13 ( SOL) has 1533 elements Group 14 ( non-Water) has 10 elements
If i give group 3 (since it has C-alpha atoms), but i am getting an error as
Fatal error: Need at least 2 atoms to fit!

So, how can i solve this issue..?? since C-alpha is only one atom..

Thank you.

‌
<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality&>