[gmx-users] Number of Xeon cores per GTX 1080Ti

Raman Preet Singh ramanpreetsingh at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:01:33 CEST 2018

Szilard:

Thanks for sharing this valuable info. Very helpful.

We are looking forward to procure a Xeon Phi processor based system. Specs are yet to be finalized.

I am not sure if you have tested Xeon Phi but can you give me insights on the processor. Can I expect the high number of cores to translate into a proportional increase in performance with Phi processor as compared to Xeon E5 series with lesser cores? Can the general estimation "7-10 "core-GHz" per fast Pascal GPU" be applied here too?

I am also concerned that the Pascal GPUs come with 700+ to 3000+ GPU cores. How will the generalization "7-10 "core-GHz" per fast Pascal GPU" change with the number of GPU cores.

Thanks!

Raman