[gmx-users] OPLS3 forcefield

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:04:07 CEST 2018

Not sure about OPLS3, but for the publicly available OPLS-AA there are
many resources, because OPLS in general is a bit of LEGO.

My favorites:
1. http://www.aribeiro.net.br/mktop/ -- sets all atomic charges to zero,
unless you supply a list of manually selected charges. You can get
charges from GMX's ffnonbonded.itp, once mktop has set all the atomtypes
after the first time it was used on your coordinates. You can definitely
make charge lookup automatic, but it is my understanding that the
authors deliberately make the user pay attention to charges.
2. http://erg.biophys.msu.ru/tpp/ -- a pretty intelligent topology
generator. Fails on cannabinoids!

Alex