[gmx-users] degrees of freedom and position restraint

Qasim Pars qasimpars at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 13:08:08 CEST 2018

Dear users,

I am confused about the position restraints. My questions are here:

Q1: if I apply the position restraints (define = - DPOSRES) on the system in the production run step whether or not I will loose the translational, rotational and vibrational freedom resulting in an entropy reduction of the system?

Q2: Or I will loose only translational freedom?

Q3: The position restraint means restraining potential and this will result in an altered statistics, right?

Thanks.