[gmx-users] force field parameters for Fe3O4?

Paul bauer paul.bauer.q at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:04:24 CEST 2018

Hello,

I would recommend that you check relevant publications for the
simulation of magnetite if people have tried to simulate it in solvent.
I could not find anything during a short search, but maybe you'll be
more successful. :)
If there are no published parameters in the literature you will have to
parametrize the molecule yourself according to the method used by the
force field you are using.
I would look at the section in the user guide dealing with this
(http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/user-guide/faq.html#parameterization-and-force-fields)
and then at the documentation for your force field!

Cheers!