[gmx-users] Domain decomposition error

Dawid das addiw7 at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 15 15:29:49 CEST 2018

Dear Gromacs Users,

I run numerous MD simulations for similar systems of protein in water box
and
for only one system I encounter error:

*Fatal error:There is no domain decomposition for 4 ranks that is
compatible with the givenbox and a minimum cell size of 3.54253 nmChange
the number of ranks or mdrun option -rddLook in the log file for details on
the domain decomposition*

I found explanation of this error in Gromacs documentation as well as on
the mailing
list, however I still do not understand why I get this only for one system
out of many.
There is nothing special about it, I mean its size for instance is similar
to this of
others systems.

What can be source of this error, then? Can it be the system size or
placement of
charge groups?

I have changed number of ranks but it does not help. I do not want to play
with -rdd,
etc. options of mdrun as I am not sure whether Ido not spoil my simulation.

Best wishes,
Dawid