[gmx-users] Installation of g_mmpbsa with Gromacs 2016.3

Hermann, Johannes J.Hermann at lrz.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Apr 17 10:47:12 CEST 2018

Dear Gromacs-Users,

I know that g_mmpbsa is not a Gromacs tool but I guess there are some
people here who installed / used it.
I want to install g_mmpbsa using my current 2016.3 gromacs gmx_mpi
installation and my already installed apbs 1.4.1.
First of all, in the installation instruction of g_mmpbsa it says, that
gromacs 4.6.x should be installed with -DGMX_GPU=off. Will it work with
my 2016.3 version, where I use gpu acceleration?
Has anyone a similar configuration and tried installation of g_mmpbsa
the following way:

cd g_mmpbsa
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DGMX_PATH= PATH/TO/GROMACS \
       -DAPBS14=on \
       -DAPBS_INSTALL=PATH/TO/APBS \
       -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/g_mmpbsa \
       ..
make
sudo make install

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

All the best
Johannes

--
*Technische Universität München*