[gmx-users] Fundamental Units of MDS Package (time unit t = 48.88821 femtoseconds)

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 16:00:22 CEST 2018

Hi,

All GROMACS tools have the units described in chapter 2 of the reference
manual as basic assumptions. If you supply a trajectory that means
something other than say 12.1 ps when writing a time of 12.1 for a
trajectory frame, then you will need to remember that when you go to
interpret your results. So you need to go and find out what that other tool
writes (e.g. look at its docs, or use gmx dump -f if you have to).

Mark