[gmx-users] About Plumed+Gromacs+MPI

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Dec 2 17:37:06 CET 2018

On 12/1/18 10:13 PM, yong zhou wrote:
> [...]
>      #0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, compute cap.: 6.1, ECC:  no, stat: compatible
>
> Reading file topol1.tpr, VERSION 4.6.5 (single precision)
> Reading file topol0.tpr, VERSION 4.6.5 (single precision)
> Note: file tpx version 83, software tpx version 110
> Note: file tpx version 83, software tpx version 110
> This is simulation 1 out of 2 running as a composite GROMACS
> multi-simulation job. Setup for this simulation:
>
> Using 1 MPI process
> Using 5 OpenMP threads
>
> This is simulation 0 out of 2 running as a composite GROMACS
> multi-simulation job. Setup for this simulation:
>
> Using 1 MPI process
> Using 5 OpenMP threads
>
> 1 compatible GPU is present, with ID 0
> 1 GPU auto-selected for this run.
> Mapping of GPU ID to the 2 PP ranks in this node: 0,0
>
> 1 compatible GPU is present, with ID 0
> 1 GPU auto-selected for this run.
> Mapping of GPU ID to the 2 PP ranks in this node: 0,0
>

> Non-default thread affinity set probably by the OpenMP library,
> disabling internal thread affinity
>
> Non-default thread affinity set probably by the OpenMP library,
> disabling internal thread affinity

> Program:     gmx mdrun, version 2016.5
> Source file: src/programs/mdrun/runner.cpp (line 677)
> Function:    double (* gmx::my_integrator(unsigned int))(FILE*, t_commrec*, int, const t_filenm*, const gmx_output_env_t*, gmx_bool, int, gmx_vsite_t*, gmx_constr_t, int, t_inputrec*, gmx_mtop_t*, t_fcdata*, t_state*, t_mdatoms*, t_nrnb*, gmx_wallcycle_t, gmx_edsam_t, t_forcerec*, int, int, int, gmx_membed_t*, real, real, int, long unsigned int, gmx_walltime_accounting_t)
> MPI rank:    1 (out of 2)
>
> Feature not implemented:

> Program:     gmx mdrun, version 2016.5
> Source file: src/programs/mdrun/runner.cpp (line 677)
> Function:    double (* gmx::my_integrator(unsigned int))(FILE*, t_commrec*, int, const t_filenm*, const gmx_output_env_t*, gmx_bool, int, gmx_vsite_t*, gmx_constr_t, int, t_inputrec*, gmx_mtop_t*, t_fcdata*, t_state*, t_mdatoms*, t_nrnb*, gmx_wallcycle_t, gmx_edsam_t, t_forcerec*, int, int, int, gmx_membed_t*, real, real, int, long unsigned int, gmx_walltime_accounting_t)
> MPI rank:    0 (out of 2)
>
> Feature not implemented:
> SD2 integrator has been removed

> SD2 integrator has been removed

> MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
> with errorcode 1.
>
> NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
> You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
> exactly when Open MPI kills them.
> MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 1 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
> with errorcode 1.
>
> NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
> You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
> exactly when Open MPI kills them.
>
> Would you please tell me what is wrong with the process and how to solve the problem?

The error message is quite clear:

Feature not implemented:
SD2 integrator has been removed

Tutorials do not always keep up with development, so you cannot necessarily use any tutorial you find with any version of GROMACS. Use whatever version they suggest, or simply use an integrator that is supported by your chosen version of GROMACS (see the online manual for what those options are).

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.