[gmx-users] Install GROMACS 2018 with CUDA features in dynamic linking way

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:49:22 CET 2018

Hi Jaime,

Have you tried passing that variable to nvcc? Does it not work?

Note that GROMACS makes up to a dozen of CUDA runtime calls (kernels
and transfers) per iteration with iteration times in the range of
milliseconds at longest and peak in the hundreds of nanoseconds and
the CPU needs to sync up every iteration with the GPU. Hence, I
suspect GROMACS may be a challenging use-case for rCUDA, but I'm very
interested in your observations and benchmarks results when you have
some.

Cheers,