[gmx-users] Install GROMACS 2018 with CUDA features in dynamic linking way

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:08:41 CET 2018

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 10:00 PM Gmail <jaisiero at gmail.com> wrote:

> My mistake! It was a typo. Anyway, this is the result before executing
> the chrpath command:
>
> chrpath -l $APPS/GROMACS/2018/CUDA/8.0/bin/gmx
> $APPS/GROMACS/2018/CUDA/8.0/bin/gmx: RPATH=$ORIGIN/../lib64
>
> I'm suspicious that GROMACS 2018 is not being compiled using shared
> libraries, at least, for CUDA.

First of all, what is the goal, why are you trying to manually rewrite
the binary RPATH?

Well, if the binaries not linked against libcudart.so than it clearly
isn't (and the ldd output is a better way to confirm that -- a library
can be linked against gmx even without an RPATH being set).

I have a vague memory that this may have been the default in CMake or
perhaps it changed at some point. What's your CMake version, perhaps
you're using an old CMake?