[gmx-users] Area compressibility modulus GMX

paul buscemi pbuscemi at q.com
Thu Dec 13 02:50:32 CET 2018

John

Ain’t nothin’ silly about analyzing membranes.  It’s an artform .

Have you taken a look at  Membplugin   https://sourceforge.net/p/membplugin/wiki/Home/ <https://sourceforge.net/p/membplugin/wiki/Home/>   it provides trajectory values for among other things thickness and area/lipid.

I’ve not read the paper but the “average of the squared fluctuation” certainly has the appearance of a variance. Your procedure seems reasonable just check from the lit that the DPPC values reach those found at equilibrium. In my simulations of DPPC  a 250x250 sq Ang bilaer  took ~ 100ns far longer than I initially expected.

Paul
UMN BICB