[gmx-users] Running simulation differences

Gonzalez Fernandez, Cristina cristina.gonzalezfdez at unican.es
Tue Dec 18 11:01:17 CET 2018

Hi again Justin,

I've been thinking about the normal variability between MD simulations you commented. I am simulating the interaction of a lipid with water, but the van der waals energy value that I obtain (-257.25  ± 35.86 kj/mol) for me is considerably different from the published value (-361 kj/mol). However, according to your email maybe these values can be considered similar. Do you think my value and the published one are similar? How can I reduced the error of the results because my value correspond to a long simulation (60 ns)? Could you recommend me a paper where is stated the common deviations/errors that are acceptable to a simulation result?

Thank you for all your help,
C.