[gmx-users] error on opening gmx_mpi

Shi Li sli259 at g.uky.edu
Wed Dec 19 12:51:18 CET 2018

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:51:41 -0600
> From: paul buscemi <pbuscemi at q.com>
> To: "gmx-users at gromacs.org" <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] error on opening gmx_mpi
>
> Shi,  Thanks fo the note
>
> Yes, somehow - there is a version of gromacs 5 that is being summoned.  I?ve got clean up my act a bit.
>
> A suggestion was made to try to use the mpi version because of the CPU I am using.   gmx v18.3 was installed , but  I  removed its build  and built the 19.1 beta mpi  version in a separate directory.  Apparently there are  some remnants being  called.  But  v 5 has never been installed on this particular computer, so I have no idea were gromacs -5.1.2 is coming from.   it may be easier purge everything and start again.
>
> Paul

Another way to solve this is to install the new version of GROMACS on a prefix directory, instead of using the default. Then make an individual file to source the new GMXRC in the prefixed directory as well as load all the modules you used to install the program. So that you won’t have the problem to confuse with different versions on your computer/cluster.

Shi