[gmx-users] Install Gromacs from Debian/Ubuntu repository vs build from source

Zhang Shenqiu Shenqiu.Zhang at outlook.com
Thu Dec 20 00:58:27 CET 2018

Dear Everyone,

I am a beginner to Gromacs, and found Gromacs can be installed with apt-get install gromacs on Debian/Ubuntu. But I hesitate to use it because this option is not listed or mentioned in the installation guide. http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2018/install-guide/index.html

I wonder if I am at a disadvantage of using apt-get install, especially regarding the CUDA functions. I have searched "The gromacs.org_gmx-users Archives" from December 2018 to September 2016, and couldn't find any discussion on it.

Many thanks,

Shenqiu