[gmx-users] Install Gromacs from Debian/Ubuntu repository vs build from source

paul buscemi pbuscemi at q.com
Thu Dec 20 03:22:05 CET 2018

In addition to Justin’s comments, the repository version is not adapted to GPU/CUDA  use and as such is good for only very small systems and so loses one of the great advantages over other MD programs. I is not bad as an introduction  to Gromacs  so do not be  afraid of installing, working with it and later removing to then install the source version.  However, following the install instructions for the source version, installation is quite smooth.

Paul