[gmx-users] Protein-ligand complex simulation and ATBserver file

Prasanth G, Research Scholar prasanthghanta at sssihl.edu.in
Thu Dec 20 16:05:11 CET 2018

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. I tried incorporating the forcefield
parameters (directory) obtained from the atbserver in the working
directory. When i was trying to convert the protein.pdb to .gro, I noticed
that the forcefield showed up in the menu as one included in local
directory, just as it does for cgenff in the tutorial.
I chose it to prepare the protein.gro file and then incorporated the
jz4.itp into the topology file of protein.
I was able to overcome the issues and complete npt and nvt equilibration.
Will proceed with the mdrun tomorrow morning.
Can you please suggest a solution for resuming the mdrun, in case there is
an interruption in the connectivity with the server. As i am running the
simulation from a laptop, I might not be able to leave it on through out.
Thank you once again.

---------------
Your #include statements are out of order. The #include statement for the
parent force field (the line above) should appear before anything else in
the topology, as it defines the atom types. The ffnonbonded.itp file does,
in fact, define CAro, which is a nonstandard type from ATB. I also suspect
that your specified PATH is lacking an initial / - note that full PATH
information is not necessary if the force field subdirectory is in $GMXLIB
or in the working directory.

Assistant Professor

Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall