[gmx-users] Trying to use AMBER parameters in GROMACS

Qinghua Liao scorpio.liao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 18:08:41 CET 2018

Hello,

You could try to build the system with AmberTools (it is free), choose
the force fields available in Amber.
Once you get the topology and coordinates files (prmtop and inpcrd), you
can convert them into top and gro
in Gromacs format with *parmed*. Then you can perform the simulations
with Gromacs.

import parmed as pmd

#convert prmtop and inpcrd into top and gro
amber = pmd.load_file('mol_sol.prmtop','mol_sol.inpcrd')
#
amber.save('mol_sol.top')
amber.save('mol_sol.gro')

You can google for more details.