[gmx-users] GPU ECC question

Kevin Chen fch6699 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 18:05:35 CET 2018

Dear GMX users

We are in the process of evaluating GPU/CPU options for an in-house cluster
to carry out MD simulations using GromacsV2016. We appreciate if anyone
could provide us answers for the following questions regarding the impact on
ECC on Gromacs GPU calculations. Generally we want to know (and have
references for)

1) How often these errors occur?
2) Can Gromacs along with ECC detect and correct for these errors?
3) How robust are the algorithms governing MD against these types of errors?
4) Is the time and resource overhead from ECC even worth it?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Chen