[gmx-users] rlist

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Jan 14 16:47:52 CET 2018

On 1/14/18 10:42 AM, Faezeh Pousaneh wrote:
> Thanks Justin. But I only define vdW potential form, coulomb potential form
> is as in Gromacs. So I would like to have electrostatic interactions as
> other systems, so are
>
>    rlist                 = 0.9  (in nm)
>    rcoulomb        = 0.9  (in nm)
>
> fine while I am using PME?

Again, there is no standard value here and it is dictated by the
functional form being used. You have a custom interaction potential,
even if you're using normal PME alongside you have user-defined,
tabulated vdW interactions. Presumably there should be some evaluation
of what cutoffs are used to satisfy whatever the assumptions are in the
parametrization of your model, i.e. you need to have some target data of
a known system that tells you that your physical model (cutoffs and
functional form) is right, and then you use those same settings in
whatever systems are of interest.

-Justin

> [...]
>>> ps
>>>    nstlog                    = 100000           ; update log file every
>>>    nstenergy                 = 100000        ; save energies every
>>>    nstxtcout                 = 100000       ; Output frequency for xtc file
>>>    xtc-precision             = 100000       ; precision for xtc file
>>>    ns_type                   = grid        ; search neighboring grid cells
>>>    nstlist                   = 10           ;  fs
>>>    pbc                       = xyz         ; 3-D PBC
>>>    rlist                          = 0.9         ; short-range neighbor-list
>>> cutoff (in nm)
>>>    rcoulomb                  = 0.9         ; short-range electrostatic
>>> cutoff
>>> (in nm)
>>>    rvdw                      = 0.3479      ; short-range van der Waals
>>> cutoff
>>> (in nm)
>>>    coulombtype               = PME-user         ; Particle Mesh Ewald for
>>> long-range electrostatics
>>>    pme_order                 = 4           ; cubic interpolation
>>>    fourierspacing            = 0.16        ; grid spacing for FFT
>>>    vdw-type                  = user
>>>    Tcoupl                    = berendsen   ; modified Berendsen thermostat
>>>    tc-grps                   = co2   rest           ; two coupling groups -
>>> more accurate
>>>    tau_t                     =  0.1   0.1 ; time constant, in ps
>>>    ref_t                     =  179.8  179.8 ; reference temperature, one
>>> for
>>> each group, in K
>>>    ;tc-grps                  = system
>>> cutoff-scheme              =group
>>>    energygrps                = co2 rest
>>>    Pcoupl                    =  berendsen ;Parrinello-Rahman
>>>    Pcoupltype                = Isotropic
>>>    tau_p                     = 1.0
>>>    compressibility           = 6.2e-5
>>>    ref_p                     = 5500.0
>>>    gen_vel                   = yes
>>>    gen_temp                  = 179.8
>>>    gen_seed                  = 712349
>>>    DispCorr                  =no;  EnerPres    ; account for cut-off vdW
>>> scheme
>>>    constraints               = all-bonds   ; all bonds constrained (fixed
>>> length)
>>>    continuation              = no         ; Restarting after NPT
>>>    constraint-algorithm      =  lincs       ; holonomic constraints
>>>    lincs_iter                = 1           ; accuracy of LINCS
>>>    lincs_order               = 4           ; also related to accuracy
>>> Best regards
>>>
>> --
>>
>> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
>> Assistant Professor
>> Virginia Tech Department of Biochemistry
>>
>> 303 Engel Hall
>> 340 West Campus Dr.
>> Blacksburg, VA 24061
>>
>> jalemkul at vt.edu | (540) 231-3129
>> http://www.biochem.vt.edu/people/faculty/JustinLemkul.html

>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support
>> /Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

Assistant Professor