[gmx-users] KALP15 in DPPC

negar habibzadeh negarhze at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 12:18:26 CET 2018

tnx Justin .
now I am doing  Simulation of *5 *Peptide in DOPC Lipids  I am following
your tutorial, in NVT equilibration step I created index file , with
program make_ndx (gmx make_ndx -f em.gro -o index.ndx) :
  0 System              : 30700 atoms
  1 Other               : 18744 atoms
  2 FR1                 :   160 atoms
  3 FR2                 :   220 atoms
  4 FR3                 :   240 atoms
  5 FR4                 :   205 atoms
  6 FR5                 :   255 atoms
  7 DOPC                : 17664 atoms
  8 CL                  :    40 atoms
  9 Water               : 11916 atoms
 10 SOL                 : 11916 atoms
 11 non-Water           : 18784 atoms
 12 Ion                 :    40 atoms
 13 FR1                 :   160 atoms
 14 FR2                 :   220 atoms
 15 FR3                 :   240 atoms
 16 FR4                 :   205 atoms
 17 FR5                 :   255 atoms
 18 DOPC                : 17664 atoms
 19 CL                  :    40 atoms
 20 Water_and_ions      : 11956 atoms

 nr : group       !   'name' nr name   'splitch' nr    Enter: list groups
 'a': atom        &   'del' nr         'splitres' nr   'l': list residues
 't': atom type   |   'keep' nr        'splitat' nr    'h': help
 'r': residue         'res' nr         'chain' char
 "name": group        'case': case sensitive           'q': save and quit
 'ri': residue index

> 2|3|4|5|6

Copied index group 2 'FR1'
Copied index group 3 'FR2'
Merged two groups with OR: 160 220 -> 380
Copied index group 4 'FR3'
Merged two groups with OR: 380 240 -> 620
Copied index group 5 'FR4'
Merged two groups with OR: 620 205 -> 825
Copied index group 6 'FR5'
Merged two groups with OR: 825 255 -> 1080

 21 FR1_FR2_FR3_FR4_FR5 :  1080 atoms

> name 21 protein

> 21|7

Copied index group 21 'protein'
Copied index group 7 'DOPC'
Merged two groups with OR: 1080 17664 -> 18744

 22 protein_DOPC        : 18744 atoms

> 10|8

Copied index group 10 'SOL'
Copied index group 8 'CL'
Merged two groups with OR: 11916 40 -> 11956

 23 SOL_CL              : 11956 atoms

then ... when i run grommp (gmx grompp -f nvt.mdp -c em.gro -p topol.top -n
index.ndx -o nvt.tpr)  I'm getting this error:
Fatal error:
Group D0PC referenced in the .mdp file was not found in the index file.
Group names must match either [moleculetype] names or custom index group
names, in which case you must supply an index file to the '-n' option
of grompp.

my nvt.mdp file is that

Can anyone help me with the following fault in Gromacs during the NVT
equilibrium?