[gmx-users] Can I get the fraction of solvent accessible surface area using "gmx sasa"?

ZHANG Cheng 272699575 at qq.com
Mon Jan 15 19:50:17 CET 2018

Dear Gromacs,
This website can give us the Q(SASA), i.e. the fraction of SASA per residue, with values from 0 to 1.
https://mathbio.crick.ac.uk/wiki/POPS

Can I ask if we can use "gmx sasa" to obtain similar information? I do not like the "absolute" sasa, as it could not reflect the relative exposure extent of a residue. For example, a buried big residue may have similar sasa as an exposed small residue.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely
Cheng