[gmx-users] -inter command

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 08:30:15 CET 2018

A lot of OPs have the tendency to follow-up with private emails and I feel
it should stay public so other people might benefit from the information as
well. Here is the rest of the conversation regarding this thread.

"""
Dear Zaved,

I'm not aware of any tutorials for Gromacs, and Gromacs does not support
constant-pH MD simulations straight out of the box. It must be (heavily)
modified. Amber comes pre-packaged with constant-pH functionality, I
believe. Still, you probably don't want to get involved in any of this. My
comment about it was merely to make you aware that changing the protonation
states by hand doesn't make mean you're really simulating at a given pH.
Still, 99.9% of the people in this field do what you were wanting to do,
i.e., change the protonation states during pdb2gmx to whatever they feel is
more representative of that residue at a given pH and then hit run. I also
do it, unless I'm studying something where charge regulation playes a major
role, so by all means go ahead and try the simpler solution first.

P.S.: Please avoid sending private messages about these subjects. It
started in gmx-users and should stay there for several reasons. The main
one is that other people might have the same problem and this information
might be useful for them as well.

Best regards,

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 6:54 AM, <zaved at tezu.ernet.in> wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> Thank you for your kind response regarding the -inter command.
>
> Sir can you guide / provide any tutorial for constant-pH MD simulation in
> gromacs (eg., to perform simulation at pH 9)?
>
> I shall be grateful to you for the same.
>
> Thank You
>
> Regards
> Zaved Hazarika
> Research Scholar
> C/O Dr. A.N. Jha
> Dept. Of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology,
> Tezpur University,
> Napam, 784028,
> Assam,
> India
>

> * * * D I S C L A I M E R * * *
> This e-mail may contain privileged information and is intended solely for
> the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
> immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and destroy
> it from your system. Though considerable effort has been made to deliver
> error free e-mail messages but it can not be guaranteed to be secure or
> error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
> delayed, or may contain viruses. The recipient must verify the integrity of
> this e-mail message.

"""