[gmx-users] regarding pbc issue

Vidya R vidyadevi2811 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 11:51:23 CET 2018

Hi Justin,

I got the same result as you said.

What confused me was,  when I viewed movie.pdb file generated by the
following command,

 gmx trjconv -pbc nojump -s PRD-SMP3.gro -f PRD-SMP3.xtc -e 10000.0 -n
index.ndx -o movie.pdb

two hydrogen molecules of my organic compound, were unbonded to my molecule
(which is not supposed to be).  They are far away from molecules (their
bonds were broken)

Is it a pbc problem?

Because, when I used

gmx trjconv -pbc whole -s PRD.tpr -f PRD.xtc -o trajwhole.xtc
gmx trjconv -pbc nojump -s PRD.tpr -f trajwhole.xtc -o trajcluster.xtc
gmx trjconv -pbc mol -center -s PRD.tpr -f trajcluster.xtc -o newtraj.xtc

and created a .pdb file with newtraj.xtc, the whole molecule was intact.

Thanks,
Vidya.R