[gmx-users] -inter command

zaved at tezu.ernet.in zaved at tezu.ernet.in
Sat Jan 20 08:26:18 CET 2018

>>> In what ways do the "pH 9" and "control" simulations differ? What do
>>> you
>>> define as "control" in this instance, default protonation by pdb2gmx?
>>> If
>>> that's the case, unless you have some very noncanonical pKa values,
>>> there's nothing that's really expected to be different between these
>>> two
>>> pH values, except perhaps the N-terminus itself.
>>>
>>> What are you trying to compare or calculate? Perhaps 100 ns is
>>> insufficient to observe whatever it is you're after. How have you
>>> quantified that there is no difference/change between these systems?
>>>
>>> -Justin
>>
>> Thank you so much Justin.
>>
>> 1. Yes you are correct. control here means default protonation state and
>> in this case the system charge of +8e is neutralized. I didn't have any
>> noncanonical pka values (at ph9). Checked with both H++ server and
>> Propka.
>> For ph 9, I have kept the charge of +8e.
>>
>> 2. Our experimental data suggests that at higher pH (9), the protein
>> initiates unfolding.
>>
>> 3. I have taken the final structure (at 100ns) of both systems and
>> superimposed it. I got a RMSD of 1.030 angstrom and no major structural
>> change was observed.
>>
>> 4. We can consider to extend the simulation to visualize any change, if
>> above things are correct.
>
> There won't be one. Since the topologies are identical, you're running
> the same simulation twice, and concluding that there are no major
> variations between the two. You don't actually have any simulation that
> you can claim is representing anything other than "pH 7," though pH
> isn't really a thing in fixed-charge/fixed-topology MD. This is a
> limitation of modeling something with fixed protonation states; it
> doesn't necessarily reflect reality. A constant pH method might show
> some results, but AFAIK this is not possible in GROMACS (though some
> people do have custom code in old versions that might work). You may
> want to consider a different program like AMBER or CHARMM that can do
> these types of simulations.
>
> -Justin

Thank You so much Justin.

Can you provide the name and any link for older gromacs version?

Thank You

* * * D I S C L A I M E R * * *
This e-mail may contain privileged information and is intended solely for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and destroy it from your system. Though considerable effort has been made to deliver error free e-mail messages but it can not be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed, or may contain viruses. The recipient must verify the integrity of this e-mail message.