[gmx-users] Please provide some advice on my simulations

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 17:50:37 CET 2018

Hi,

The code isn't designed to produce reproducible trajectories, and generally
you should not want that. See
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Reproducibility. You
should also consider the characteristic timescales of the thing you want to
observe. If an unexpected event has occurred once in two replicates each of
100ns then you have a clue that the simulation design needs to be much
longer - depends what you want to observe, of course.

Mark